[FSFLA-Traductores] February/07 newsletter (en=>es, pt, needed by February 1st)

Adriano Rafael Gomes adrianorg en gmail.com
Jue Ene 25 18:34:34 UTC 2007

Alexandre Oliva escreveu:
> Just like in C (int)x means convert x to integer, (Português):x is
> meant as translate x to Portuguese ;-)

:)

> I thought it would be nice to have something to search for when
> looking for bits to translate.

I agree. Maybe /-/needs translation/-/?

> What's missing now is some markup to indicate the paragraph was
> translated but not revised.  It would be nice to have some revision
> process in place, to avoid obvious mistakes, typos, etc.  Suggestions?

(Revisar): should we use another cast?

> How is this table format working for translations?  I'm wondering if
> it's as good as it seemed at first.

IMHO, the "table format" is working. A little drawback is the table gets
wider than the screen width. In the future we may have translations to
other languages...

> It might make more sense to have per-language wiki pages, if the
> translations start out with the language casts.  OTOH, this split
> would make it more difficult for people to verify the translation
> after it is made, since the direct relationship between paragraphs
> would be lost.

I think we should give the table format a try.

--
Adriano Rafael Gomes
SoftwareLivreVS