[Team] [GNU-linux-libre] naming the Linux-libre artwork

Richard M Stallman rms at gnu.org
Mon Apr 20 02:04:04 UTC 2009

    Would it make sense to rename this project to, say Librenux, which
    hopefully doesn't have this problem in Spanish, and that would rather
    sound a bit like  Free us! ?

This would have very bad effects in other ways.
We don't want to present this as something different from Linux.
We want to present it as our version of Linux.

I suggest contrasting "Linux Libre" with "Linux normal" or with "el
Linux de Torvalds".  "Nuestra versión de Linux llamamos Linux Libre."