[Legales] Re: [FSFLA-Traductores] http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/brussels-rms-transcript

Fernanda G Weiden fernanda en softwarelivre.org
Mar Mayo 1 13:34:10 UTC 2007

2007/5/1, Alexandre Oliva <lxoliva en fsfla.org>:
> All this means is that whoever submits the text to the automated
> translator can be a copyright infringer.

If they publish the result, yes.

> As in, it's ok to commit a crime if nobody can possibly catch you? :-)

What I mean is that you don't have to worry for using a tool, and
publishing a result that is not anymore the work that tool gave to
you.

The translation will only be used to give the direction, but will not
be the published work itself. If they didn't want people to read what
they translate, they should take the tool offline.

> We had reached a different conclusion last time we debated this topic,
> but I think this is a change for better, so let's pursue this
> possibility.

I didn't participate in the last discussion, but all that just sounds
a bit too much for me. As you said "is that grey area that if you
don't step in, your enemy wil"

I prefer to step in.

--
Free Software Foundation Latin America           http://www.fsfla.org