[Legales] Re: [FSFLA-Traductores] http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/brussels-rms-transcript

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva en fsfla.org
Mar Mayo 1 13:55:36 UTC 2007

On May  1, 2007, "Fernanda G Weiden" <fernanda en softwarelivre.org> wrote:

> 2007/5/1, Alexandre Oliva <lxoliva en fsfla.org>:
>> All this means is that whoever submits the text to the automated
>> translator can be a copyright infringer.

> If they publish the result, yes.

I don't think so, modification alone needs a license.  The question is
whether automated translation is modification.

>> As in, it's ok to commit a crime if nobody can possibly catch you? :-)

> What I mean is that you don't have to worry for using a tool, and
> publishing a result that is not anymore the work that tool gave to
> you.

My point is that your work is based on the output of the tool, so it
is possible that you're subject to its copyright terms.

> As you said "is that grey area that if you don't step in, your enemy
> wil"

> I prefer to step in.

Yup, it was when I revisited the issue with the point above in mind
that I thought we could pursue this.  But we need Pedro's feedback,
and we could use legales' feedback, since we're not lawyers.