[FSFLA] Fwd: [WLANware] [gluon] [ANNOUNCE] Gluon v2016.2.6 and v2017.1

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr en riseup.net
Sab Jun 10 23:53:28 UTC 2017

Dear friends,

on the Battlemesh list Matthias wrote a more detailed description and
correction. I'm directing his answer to all the lists.

many greetings, willi

Betreff: Re: [Battlemesh] Fwd: [WLANware] [gluon] [ANNOUNCE] Gluon
v2016.2.6 and v2017.1
Datum: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 00:48:23 +0200
Von: Matthias Schiffer <mschiffer at universe-factory.net>
uebelherr <willi.uebelherr at riseup.net>, FSFla discuss <discusion at fsfla.org>
Kopie (CC): Libre Planet Berlin <majestyx at fsfe.org>, LibrePlanet Discuss
<libreplanet-discuss at libreplanet.org>, GUIFI mesh
<guifi-mesh at llistes.guifi.net>

On 06/10/2017 11:33 PM, willi uebelherr wrote:

Hi,

https://github.com/freifunk-gluon/gluon is the main repo, documentation
can be found at http://gluon.readthedocs.io/ (I must admit though that
we're missing a nice explanation of exactly what Gluon is.) I wouldn't
call Gluon a "Freifunk firmware", but rather a "firmware framework", as
there are no official binaries or default configuration, but only a
modular framework that makes it very easy to build a community-specific
mesh firmware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTNseX0F6zs is the recording of Linus'
and my talk about Gluon at the WBMv10 (I haven't had a look at the
recording myself, but I was told it has A/V sync issues - I assume the
official recordings on media.ccc.de will have better quality as soon as
they're finished.)

As explained in the talk, Gluon only supports batman-adv at the moment
(as it came into being by modularizing a batman-adv-based mesh
firmware), but Babel support is being worked on (and other L3 mesh
protocols like OLSR2 and BMX7 will be the next step after that).

Kind regards,
Matthias / NeoRaider