[FSFLA] Fwd: [WLANware] [gluon] [ANNOUNCE] Gluon v2016.2.6 and v2017.1

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr en riseup.net
Sab Jun 10 21:33:16 UTC 2017

Dear friends, for your information.

Gluon is a freifunk-firmware in the german language space, and maybe around.

Freifunk Firmware Gluon
https://wiki.freifunk.net/Freifunk_Firmware_Gluon

This is a german language site. The english i don't find. And why they
don't use also the Babel routing protocol, i don't understand.

Babel — a loop-avoiding distance-vector routing protocol - Irif
https://www.irif.fr/~jch/software/babel/

many greetings, willi

Betreff: [WLANware] [gluon] [ANNOUNCE] Gluon v2016.2.6 and v2017.1
Datum: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 14:50:46 +0200
Von: Matthias Schiffer <mschiffer at universe-factory.net>
An: gluon at luebeck.freifunk.net
Kopie (CC): Freifunk Firmware Entwicklung <firmware-devel at freifunk.net>,
WLANware <wlanware at freifunk.net>

Hi,
today we have two new Gluon releases to announce: v2016.2.6, which will
likely be the last release based on OpenWrt Chaos Calmer, and v2017.1,
our first release based on LEDE 17.01.

# v2016.2.6

We've decided to make a last v2016.2.x release in addition to v2017.1
due to one security issue (CVE-2016-10229), which fortunately doesn't
affect the default setup of Gluon, and a sysupgrade bug that causes x86
nodes to lose their configuration and return to Config Mode when
upgrading from older v2016.2.x releases to a LEDE-based image. THIS
MEANS THAT OLDER GLUON FIRMWARES SHOULD BE UPGRADED TO v2016.2.6 FIRST
BEFORE SWITCHING TO v2017.1 TO AVOID LOSS OF CONFIGURATION!

Furthermore, v2016.2.6 fixes some build issues.

# v2017.1

The switch to LEDE 17.01 gave us a bunch of nice software updates and
new hardware support, and allowed us to greatly simplify the Gluon build
process. Other nice changes include:

* Localized status page
* Optional DNS caching on nodes
* Support for tunneldigger mesh VPN
* Fixes for crashs and race conditions affecting mesh setup
* Improvements to ath9k driver stability

For the complete, detailed release notes see:
   http://gluon.readthedocs.io/en/v2016.2.6/releases/v2016.2.6.html
   http://gluon.readthedocs.io/en/v2017.1/releases/v2017.1.html

Many thanks to all the contributors helping to get these releases into
shape ( https://github.com/freifunk-gluon/gluon/graphs/contributors ),
and also our testers who reported various bugs!