[FSFLA] Hiperbola: A fully free, stable, secure, simple, lightweight and long-term distribution

Eder L. Marques eder en edermarques.net
Lun Mayo 29 20:05:07 UTC 2017

It was an interesting conversation for me to re-assess my  opinion
about FSFLA.

This will be my last msg in this thread.

>> Why instead of a patch to remove a non-free software you don't
offer a
 >> patch to replace this non-free software with an free-software
 >> equivalent? :)

 >Because the later is not easy. No one has the capacity to do it.
That is not a reason to make the user subjugated by the developer of
the non-free software which has no >replacement.

I believe that there is confusion, either intentionally or not, when
addressing this topic (on this thread and in others).

Giving the user options and the right information to make appropriate
decisions is not subjugate the user to the developer.

But I believe that there is no willing to understand that.
And the very same people that talks about freedom (from a 4 freedoms
perspective) wants the user to not be free to make their choices, to
be imprisoned, forced to use outdated and insecure software (I am not
talking about functionalities, I am talking about security) under the
misconception of protect their freedom (even if in ANY distro they can
still install non-free sw, just having to do a few more steps).

I understood your point of view and I assume that it is also the
overall FSFLA point of view.

After 16 years of the same discussion, I thought that FSFLA had evolve
(without having to go against its values).
I was wrong.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Best regards,

Eder