[FSFLA] Hiperbola: A fully free, stable, secure, simple, lightweight and long-term distribution

Quiliro quiliro en riseup.net
Lun Mayo 29 18:58:38 UTC 2017

El Sat, 27 May 2017 10:50:00 -0400
"Eder L. Marques" <eder at edermarques.net> escribió:

> On 26/05/2017 9:39 PM, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
> > Morever, there is the possibility that the non-free system distribution
> > projects reject the attempts to collaborate. This can be tested by
> > sending patches/contributions that remove non-free software from their
> > repositories, and see how the project reacts and wait patiently for a
> > final decision from the project, if they deny one patch "for the sake of
> > user experience" then we know in which side they are (not our, of
> > course).
>
> Why instead of a patch to remove a non-free software you don't offer a
> patch to replace this non-free software with an free-software
> equivalent?  :)

Because the later is not easy. No one has the capacity to do it. That is not a reason to make the user subjugated by the developer of the non-free software which has no replacement.

--
Example of the problems in top posting: