[FSFLA] Hiperbola: A fully free, stable, secure, simple, lightweight and long-term distribution

Quiliro quiliro en riseup.net
Jue Mayo 25 15:35:46 UTC 2017

El Thu, 25 May 2017 11:24:36 -0400
Tomás Solar Castro <tsolar at fsfla.org> escribió:

> El jue, 25-05-2017 a las 07:59 +0000, André Silva escribió:
> > On 05/25/2017 06:57 AM, Quiliro wrote:
> > > Hiperbola:
> > >
> > > A fully free, stable, secure, simple, lightweight and long-term
> > > support distribution
> > >
> > > It is not yet an FSF approved distro and it is beta. But its
> > > developers come from Parabolaw which is fully free and they are
> > > working very fast.
> > >

> > Thanks Quiliro for the presentation!!!
> >
> > For now we have our main website [0], an "about page" of our project
> > and
> > goals [1], an initial announcement [2] and even a social contract
> > that
> > are working too [3]
> >
> > We let you know when it is ready to be considered and studied by the
> > FSF
> > for its endorsement as 100% free as in freedom distro!
> >

> Hey! this sounds good! But the first thing I thought is what happened
> with Parabola? How is Hyperbola different from Parabola? I mean, what
> is the motivation to create yet another distro instead of colaborate
> with an existing (and already FSF approved) one?

It is because of different objectives of the projects and some personal problems between devs caused by someone external to Parabola. I hope some day they merge. It is very probable because of very the similar tools they use and how complementary they are.

--
Example of the problems in top posting: