[FSFLA] Hiperbola: A fully free, stable, secure, simple, lightweight and long-term distribution

Tomás Solar Castro tsolar en fsfla.org
Jue Mayo 25 15:24:36 UTC 2017

El jue, 25-05-2017 a las 07:59 +0000, André Silva escribió:
> On 05/25/2017 06:57 AM, Quiliro wrote:
> > Hiperbola:
> >
> > A fully free, stable, secure, simple, lightweight and long-term
> > support distribution
> >
> > It is not yet an FSF approved distro and it is beta. But its
> > developers come from Parabolaw which is fully free and they are
> > working very fast.
> >

> Thanks Quiliro for the presentation!!!
>
> For now we have our main website [0], an "about page" of our project
> and
> goals [1], an initial announcement [2] and even a social contract
> that
> are working too [3]
>
> We let you know when it is ready to be considered and studied by the
> FSF
> for its endorsement as 100% free as in freedom distro!

Hey! this sounds good! But the first thing I thought is what happened
with Parabola? How is Hyperbola different from Parabola? I mean, what
is the motivation to create yet another distro instead of colaborate
with an existing (and already FSF approved) one?