cannot boot with linux-libre>=5.7, amdgpu and cryptsetup

edgar at openmail.cc edgar at openmail.cc
Mon Jul 13 15:02:17 UTC 2020

I did some other tests:

══════════════════════════════════

   ┌────
   │ GRUB_PRELOAD_MODULES="amdgpu ...
   └────
   Listing 1: Adding amdgpu as preloaded module in `/etc/default/grub'
does not have an effect (blank screen, no cryptsetup prompt)

2 Removing amdgpu
═════════════════

   ┌────
   │ MODULES=()
   └────
   Listing 2: Removing amdgpu in `/etc/mkinitcpio.conf' and uninstalling
`xf86-video-amdgpu' shows up to some lines of OpenRC.
   ┌────
   │ # pacman -Rnucs xf86-video-amdgpu
   └────

2.1 Adding `nomodeset' to the kernel line
─────────────────────────────────────────

   Adding `nomodeset' to the kernel line eventually clears the screen and
shows a static underscore at the top left corner. If I type-in my user
password (with the blank screen) and follow the process to shutdown as
if I had logged in (without being able to see anything), the computer
actually shuts down. That indicates that the boot process completes, but
I have nothing on screen except for the underscore.

This free account was provided by VFEmail.net - report spam to abuse at vfemail.net

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!