[FSFLA-Traductores] GPLv3: en(convey) => pt,es?

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva en fsfla.org
Lun Jun 11 19:08:31 UTC 2007

I've been looking for good translations for convey to Portuguese and
Spanish.  We should try to find a term that is not used in copyright
law, to avoid contamination of its meaning.  Just looking at Brazilian
copyright law, this rules out transmitir, difundir, apresentar and
comunicar.  I suppose the same would hold for literal translations of
these terms to Spanish, in the context of copyright laws all over the
Spanish-speaking Latin America.

I'm leaning towards "transportar", but I'm not quite happy about it.

Other ideas?