[Prensa] Brazilian Constitution wants Free Software in the Public Administration

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva en fsfla.org
Vie Sep 22 06:16:37 UTC 2006

Hi, Sean, Pamela,

I'm pretty sure you missed the e-mail I sent you a couple of weeks ago
because of the inappropriate subject (sorry that I forgot to fix it),
but since we now have an update, I thought I'd take the opportunity to
bring it to your attention.

Our article, mentioned below, was included as an annex to an Amicus
Curiæ petition filed yesterday as part of the constitutionality case
against the Free Software Law of the pioneer Brazilian state in Free
Software adoption.  We thank IBDI, that filed the petition, and the
brazilian lawyers Omar Kaminski and Euripedes Brito Cunha Junior, who
most worked on it.

If you'd like more information on the latest developments, or would
like to know about whatever comes up next, please let me know.

Best regards,