[Prensa] Re: Groklaw roundtable up this weekend!

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva en fsfla.org
Sab Sep 2 04:33:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Jul 10, 2006, Sean DALY <sean.daly en wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20060708010316170

> Pamela wrote in her introduction that she hopes all three of you
> will write for Groklaw at some point.

We said we would take the offer, and we apologize it took us so long
to live up to it :-) We've finally finished the article and its
translation that we'd alluded to during our conversation in Barcelona.

Since you mentioned Pamela might be interested in learning and/or
publishing more about it, we actually wrote for Groklaw a shorter
version of our lengthy paper, including some background that wasn't in
the paper, and ended up deciding to use it as the editorial in the
latest issue of our monthly news bulletin.  I hope you like it :-)

A press release prepared for wider distribution follows.

A few hours ago, FSFLA published its monthly news bulletin with an
editorial about the legal dispute regarding the constitutionality of
the Free Software law in Rio Grande do Sul.  We point out problems
both in the law and in the arguments presented against it.
http://www.fsfla.org/?q=en/node/110

We understand the constitutional principles established for the Public
Administration and the Economic Order, which are quite likely present
in the legal systems of many other countries, already translate to the
preference for Free Software in the Public Administration that is
restated in the Free Software Law in Rio Grande do Sul.  We wrote a
paper that details our arguments, that we will submit to the court
where the constitutionality case is being heard.
http://www.fsfla.org/?q=en/node/109

About FSFLA

FSFLA, in process of legal constitution, joined the FSF network
previously formed by FSFs in the United States, in Europe and in
India.  These sister organizations work in their corresponding
geographies towards promoting the same Free Software ideals and
defending the same freedoms for software users and developers, working
locally but cooperating globally.  For more information about FSFLA
and to contribute to our work, visit our web site at www.fsfla.org or
write to info en fsfla.org.

Press Contacts

Alexandre Oliva