Freesh cloud images?

Jason Self j at jxself.org
Tue Sep 28 13:46:04 UTC 2021

On Tue, 28 Sep 2021 08:06:14 +0200
Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> wrote:
> Okay.  Where is the debian/ source code for the Freesh packages?
> Source debs or git repository would be useful, I couldn't find links
> on the homepage but I'm probably missing something.  I'd like to
> compare your images differ from vanilla Debian images, and also
> compare how Debian cloud images differ from non-cloud images.

I keep kernel configs in a git repository at:
https://jxself.org/git/?p=kernel-configs.git

The source isn't Debianized, if that's a word, but can be found in
http://linux-libre.fsfla.org/pub/linux-libre/freesh/

The tarballs contain the configs as well and kernel source code. When
invoking make bindeb-pkg the kernel's own build system will both build
the kernel and invoke the scripts in scripts/package like builddeb and
mkdebian to make the .deb. The scripts in those tarballs have been
modified by me to alter the debian/ directory that gets generated.

If you grab the binary .debs you can see the debian directory that gets
generated as a result, since it is human readable too.