Freesh cloud images?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Tue Sep 28 06:06:14 UTC 2021

Jason Self <j at jxself.org> writes:

> On Mon, 27 Sep 2021 20:46:52 +0200
> Simon Josefsson <simon-RTwAkxXyIg6Ei8DpZVb4nw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi.  I'm using debian (bullseye) on several machines, including some
>> virtual machines that use the 'linux-image-cloud' kernel image.  Could
>> Freesh provide such cloud images, based on linux-libre?  Or is that
>> irrelevant or out of scope for of Freesh for some reason?  I could
>> probably use the linux-libre *.deb's, but my understanding is that the
>> linux-image-cloud images provided by Debian provide some advantage
>> when running inside a virtual machine.
>
> I don't know that it's irrelevant or out of scope. Linux-libre should
> be available where people need it although the current kernels in
> Freesh work quite well in virtual machines. Give me a few days to look
> in to this and think about it. I don't want to use "cloud" in the name
> though.

Okay.  Where is the debian/ source code for the Freesh packages?  Source
debs or git repository would be useful, I couldn't find links on the
homepage but I'm probably missing something.  I'd like to compare your
images differ from vanilla Debian images, and also compare how Debian
cloud images differ from non-cloud images.

/Simon