NETGEAR WNA3100M (regression?)

a.reviewer1234 at yahoo.com a.reviewer1234 at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 13:22:52 UTC 2020

Dear all,
I apologise if this is the incorrect mailing list to use.
My NETGEAR WNA3100M recently stopped working on linux-libre-hardened as shipped with Parabola. I don't know whether an upgrade in this package, or perhaps an upgrade in linux-libre-firmware caused it, or whether I'm suffering some other technical difficulty. (Laptop, x86_64.)
networkmanager/systemd/some other installed program (I am unsure) prints the following to tty1 on boot, or if I re-insert the dongle (apologies for the transcription, I cannot copy from the computer, as I cannot currently use Wi-Fi on it!):
[ 353.352275] 1-2: Missing Free firmware (non-Free firmware loading is disabled)[ 353.359263] 1-2: Missing Free firmware (non-Free firmware loading is disabled)[ 353.359399] rtlwifi: Selected firmware is not available
I believe one of these lines may be for my laptop's internal Wi-Fi antenna, as I get a similar message on boot for the internal Bluetooth antenna.
I wish everyone just released their firmware as Free Software.
I would be very grateful if anybody could help me out with this issue.
Thank you very much,Alan.