linux-libre 4.15 Ryzen

edgar at openmail.cc edgar at openmail.cc
Fri Dec 29 19:07:09 UTC 2017

Hello,

Short: how do I compile a linux-libre kernel for Ryzen?

I am trying to compile linux-libre 4.15 with a config for AMD Ryzen (I
read that 4.15 is the only version for it). I have compiled before, but
not a linux kernel (I don't know what I am doing). I took a
config.x86_64 from arch-linux' AUR. I thought of running diff to the
linux-libre from Parabola. There are 422 differences. I was about diff #
60 when I realised that it would be better to ask for help (I could
recognize the risk of CONFIG_MICROCODE_AMD=y, but why enabling
CONFIG_MICROCODE=y?, and other questions like CONFIG_FHANDLE). Can
someone tell me what I should disable in the attached diff? (I removed
all the commented and empty lines to get a shorter file). Thank you very
much.

Bcc jxself