Making the radeon driver work again

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Thu Jul 16 01:06:38 UTC 2015

On Jul 13, 2015, "Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli" <GNUtoo at no-log.org> wrote:

> Integration:
> ------------
> So if integrating a way to do that automatically in linux-libre is
> desirable, how would I have to do it:
> - Trough sed/awk scripts that would break easily between releases ?

This would probably be best.  Having to adjust changes between major
releases is not unusual, and I'd prefer that over additional
dependencies.

I see the patch you posted was for blob-ridden Linux; it would be
preferrable to post patches for Linux-libre sources instead, so that,
until we integrate these changes into the deblobbing proper, others
could just apply the patch to our tarballs.  Thanks!

> +#if 0
>  	if (!dev_priv->me_fw || !dev_priv->pfp_fw) {
>  		int err = r600_cp_init_microcode(dev_priv);
>  		if (err) {

Wouldn't we be better off just dropping the "return err;" or similar, on
top of the changes we already make to these drivers?

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer