Missing NONFREE dependencies

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Mon Aug 24 20:44:50 UTC 2015

On Aug 22, 2015, Dima Krasner <dima at dimakrasner.com> wrote:

> Today I took a look at my distro's kernel configuration and wondered
> why I had to disable all the non-functional kernel modules that depend
> on non-free firmware

You don't.  I guess you might using deblob-<version> without the
corresponding deblob-check.  This results in a different cleanup that
introduces NONFREE dependencies on entire modules, instead of cleaning
up just the non-Free and non-Free-inducing bits in them.

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer