A Fedora Copr reposiroty for kernel-libre ?

Alexandre Moine nobrakal at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 16:05:48 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I discovered your project a time ago, when I did someresearch about
blobs and others horrors in Fedora. But I had to search a very long time
to find the freedora project.

Fedora have now a place to build third party yum repositories. It's
named Copr (it means "Cool Other Package Repositories"), and you can
find it here: http://copr.fedoraproject.org . I don't know all the
story, but, in my opinion, it's the right place to the kernel-libre
package. Copr can make kernel-libre more "official", and more visible
for the lambda fedora user.

What do you think about that? I think kernel-libre, and other packages,
meet the fedora packaging and licensing rules, so they meet also the
Copr rules (here:
https://fedorahosted.org/copr/wiki/UserDocs#WhatIcanbuildinCopr ).

Alexandre, Fedora user and ambassador