Why did not recommend Fedora 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11?

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Mon May 7 21:23:47 UTC 2012

On Mar 20, 2012, ""Yeking at Red54.com"" <yeking at red54.com> wrote:

> http://www.fsfla.org/svnwiki/selibre/linux-libre/freed-ora#obsolete-releases
> I can't find any thing about Fedora 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 induce users to install
> non-Free Software in google or duckduckgo.
> What had happened between f11 and f12?

Those are pretty old releases and I didn't check the hard data, but I
guess that may be the time-frame in which Linux-libre went beyond just
removing blobs, to also disabling the requests for blobs distributed
along with or separately from Linux, that induced users to install them.

Since those releases of Freed-ora were already obsolete back then, we
didn't go back and create new binaries out of the further cleaned up
Linux-libre sources.