[GNU-linux-libre] GNU Linux-libre 3.3-gnu is now available

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Mon May 7 21:20:07 UTC 2012

On Mar 19, 2012, jemarch at gnu.org (Jose E. Marchesi) wrote:

> Would it be possible to use the main GNU distribution sites for
> linux-libre?

Sorry about the delay.

In principle, this is both possible and desirable, but we're still
trying to work out how to do that without messing too much with our
workflows, given the perfectly reasonable security requirements of
ftp.gnu.org and all the churn in linux-libre.

> I also noticed that www.gnu.org/software/linux-libre redirects to
> http://www.fsfla.org/svnwiki/, which I find a bit confusing.

That was a bug in gnu.org; I believe the incorrect redirect has since
been fixed.

> Would be possible to add a homepage for linux-libre at
> www.gnu.org/software/linux-libre using the GNU boilerplate[1]?

> [1] http://www.gnu.org/boilerplate.html

I'd rather just change the GNU Linux-libre web page to comply.  Can you
summarize any relevant deviations?  AFAICT it might be just a matter of
reordering some sections, no?