Patches to Linux - please review

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Thu Jan 13 04:47:00 UTC 2011

Hi, Felipe,

Sorry about the delay in responding.  I'm at the end (crosses fingers)
of a hardware mutiny: lost the two disks of my home build server, the
power supply of the machine that arrived to replace it, and my primary
network access point (the yeeloong) would no longer boot after a mistake
I made while beginning to recover from the disk failure.

On Jan  6, 2011, Felipe Sanches <juca at members.fsf.org> wrote:

> The issue is that I dont know exactly how to add this target as a
> dependency of the rule that converts HEX into .fw (binary ihex format
> used by the kernel). Can you help me fix that?

I'd drop the build_firmware rule (serial builds are a bit against the
spirit of the Linux build), and instead just make the HEX files depend
on the sources (with corresponding build rules), perhaps conditional on
some config option or the presence of the commands or some such.

Also, it's probably pointless to send this to LKML at this time; better
submit it to the linux-firmware, or at least make sure it applies
cleanly there, so that dwmw2 can integrate it.