Patches to Linux - please review

Felipe Sanches juca at members.fsf.org
Thu Jan 6 03:01:55 UTC 2011

Good evening, freedom fighters,

I am preparing some patches to Linux.
This patch-set intends to add build rules for the keyspan_pda and
xircom_pgs free firmwares.

I'd like to get it reviewed by you guys before I send it to the
linux-usb mailing list. I need some advice on the third patch since it
is currently incomplete. I have added a build_firmware target to the
Makefile in the firmware/ directory. This target will be responsible
for invoking the Makefiles of the subdirectories where there is code
of free firmware that needs to be built into HEX files. Currently just
these two firmwares are going to be compiled by this target, but in
the future I hope to see *all* firmware in Linux being built by this
target :-D

The issue is that I dont know exactly how to add this target as a
dependency of the rule that converts HEX into .fw (binary ihex format
used by the kernel). Can you help me fix that?

Happy Hacking,
Felipe Sanches

PS:
I will travel tomorrow in the morning and I'll be back to the internet
on Monday (january 10th).