100% Free Software T-shirt design

Sam Geeraerts samgee at elmundolibre.be
Tue Jun 8 09:14:00 UTC 2010

Alexandre Oliva schreef:
> On Jun  6, 2010, crap0101 <marco.chieppa-crap at poste.it> wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking about the result of draw '100% libre' (or most of it) only
>> using the distros' names and using an optional tin and discontinued
>> outline when needed
>
> That was actually the first thing we tried.  I can probably still find
> the draft, the larger text looked a bit too cluttered and indistinct.

"Cluttered" was the word I was looking for when I saw the design.

> Matías Fonzo suggested the letters naming the distros should be even
> more subtle in color, so that, from a distance, you'd pretty much only
> see the main message, and get the details once you got closer.  I like
> that.

That would be better. Another idea would be to have the distro names on
the back.

I'm not convinced that putting the distro names on there is a good idea,
though. When I buy a T-shirt I like it to last me a couple of years. I
would feel a bit stupid walking around in a T-shirt listing distros that
don't exist anymore or not naming distros that should be on there.

Showing all the logos is prettier, but has the added disadvantage that
distros might change their branding.