2.6.33.3-libre, 2.6.32.12-libre1

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Thu Apr 29 08:02:04 UTC 2010

$SUBJECT have been available in source form for a while at
http://linux-libre.fsfla.org/, sorry about the late announcement.

I also built binaries for gNewSense/mipsel, fixing two issues in the
prior releases:

On Apr  5, 2010, Alexandre Oliva <lxoliva at fsfla.org> wrote:

> I expected make-kpkg to also package and install the uncompressed
> binary, so that System.map would make sense, but AFAICT it didn't.
> Until I (or you :-) figure this out, I guess you'll have to resort to
> the linux-build*.tar.bz2 tarball in case you need the uncompressed
> vmlinux.

/boot/vmlinux-* is now the uncompressed kernel again; /boot/vmlinuz-* is
the compressed kernel.  Adjust your boot.cfg or grub config to use the
compressed version to boot up faster.  (This was broken in the now-gone
0lxo build, that carried only the uncompressed file again; 1lxo fixed it
to behave as described)

> I've just noticed that this build tarball grew some 50% after I started
> building linux-source .debs in addition to the -source and -patches
> tarballs.  I haven't tried to figure out why yet; if you do, please let
> me know.

Fixed, the tarball contained copies of all the “install trees” with the
contents of each of the .debs too, because they were created and left in
the debian/ directory.  I excluded them in the new build script.

2.6.32.12 binaries for Freed-ora are already available in
F-12-detesting; 2.6.33.3 will soon hit F-13-detesting.