linux-2.6.28.8-libre1: suitable for Free System Distributions

Rubén Rodríguez Pérez ruben at es.gnu.org
Sun Mar 22 01:25:59 UTC 2009

I had some trouble using the script, because Trisquel (as Ubuntu and
therefor gNewSense) uses dash.

The error shown is like this sample:

IXP4XX_NPE - IXP4xx Network Processor Engine support
arch/arm/mach-ixp4xx/ixp4xx_npe.c: disabled non-Free firmware-loading
machinery
sed: file /tmp/deblob-check-sedmain-K31812 line 3: unterminated address
regex
Documentation/arm/IXP4xx: removed blobs

The deblobbed file is emptied and the script runs much faster than it
should. It takes like five seconds per file when it works, and sed gets
to use more than a GB of memory in that time, is that normal?

After a "dpkg-reconfigure dash" my build chroot now uses bash, and the
script seems to work now. There must be a bashism in clean_blob()