2.6.30-libre

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Sat Jun 13 00:00:13 UTC 2009

linux-2.6.30-libre is now available from http://linux-libre.fsfla.org/

Most of the changes to the deblobbing scripts, compared with 2.6.29,
have to do with new drivers that require or contain non-Free Software
and shuffling of non-Free firmware that used to be embedded in drivers,
that keeps on being moved to the firmware/ tree

The one exception is the Broadcom b43 WiFi driver, that now supports the
Free firmware developed through reverse engineering.  The firmware is
requested as "b43-open/<name> , like upstream, and it's somewhat
cheat-proof: it is supposed to recognize and accept only the Free
firmware, regardless of name.  I'd appreciate confirmation that I got it
right, for I don't have any hardware handy that requires this driver.

Enjoy, and Be Free! (as in Freedo :-)