suspect file (cfi.h)

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at
Mon Jun 8 03:54:04 UTC 2009

On Jun  5, 2009, crap0101 <marco.chieppa-crap at> wrote:

> I want to point out (and ask) about the file cfi.h located in the
> linux-libre kernel at /include/linux/mtd/ . I have some doubdt
> concerning its freedom like explained here:

The existence of patents or of a patent license for some specification
do not render software non-Free.

Files contributed to Linux under the signed-off-by protocol without
specific licensing terms are licensed under GPLv2, even if they are
licensed elsewhere under different terms.

Alexandre Oliva, freedom fighter
Be Free! --   FSF Latin America board member