[Asociacion] [OT] Liberando a Fedora

Quiliro Ordóñez quiliro at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 01:00:34 UTC 2009

2009/1/23 Luis Alberto <l.guzman.g en gmail.com>

> 2009/1/23 Quiliro Ordóñez <quiliro en gmail.com>
>
>> How can I know if the kernel a distro uses is free?
>>

> It depends on the distro, as fas as we know only the Free GNU/Linux
> distributions use a free one.
> If the kernel haven't been deblob"ed" by the distribution developer, then
> it isn't completely free, the kernel hosted on kernel.org contains blobs
> and non-free software inside.
>
> The best at "cleaning" the Linux kernel is Alexandre, with the help of
> previous contributors. :)
>
> In other words if there isn't an implementation to clean the kernel, then
> is not completely free.
> Unless you obtained at the Linux-libre projects site :P
>
> Cheers
> --
> Luis A. Guzmán García

Thank you, Luis. Isn't it better to communicate in spanish? Well, I supose
you speak spanish. I might be wrong.

Anyway my question goes towards if there is some software to diagnose what
you have in your OS is non-free something such as VRMS but that will include
kernel blobs.
--
Saludos/Greetings
Quiliro Ordóñez