[Asociacion] [OT] Liberando a Fedora

Luis Alberto l.guzman.g at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 12:48:03 UTC 2009

2009/1/23 Quiliro Ordóñez <quiliro at gmail.com>

> How can I know if the kernel a distro uses is free?

It depends on the distro, as fas as we know only the Free GNU/Linux
distributions use a free one.
If the kernel haven't been deblob"ed" by the distribution developer, then it
isn't completely free, the kernel hosted on kernel.org contains blobs and
non-free software inside.

The best at "cleaning" the Linux kernel is Alexandre, with the help of
previous contributors. :)

In other words if there isn't an implementation to clean the kernel, then is
not completely free.
Unless you obtained at the Linux-libre projects site :P

Cheers
--
Luis A. Guzmán García