yet another linux-libre logo

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Mon Apr 20 01:29:02 UTC 2009

Hi, Steven,

On Apr 18, 2009, Steven DuBois <sdubois92 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, I am not an inkscape expert, and I couldn't figure out how to
> move the center of the gradient on the ball to give it more of a
> natural reflective look, but this is just my first design.

Thanks for your design.

I suppose the ball could be branded 'blob'  :-)

It would be nice to have a gnu cutting the chain :-)

That said, I'm not sure it's in our best interest to use Tux.

Tux stands for Linux, with all its flaws.

It's not that Linux is tied to some non-Free stuff, it's that the
non-Free stuff, and the inducement of use of non-Free stuff, is part of
Linux.

So a more fitting image would have the ball being surgically extracted
from inside Tux ;-)