yet another linux-libre logo

Steven DuBois sdubois92 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 01:18:06 UTC 2009

It may be to late, but I felt compelled to add yet another logo to the pool of currently designed
logos. The basic idea behind it is simple, Tux is being freed from his "ball and chain" of non-free
software. I think the other design of the floating GNU playing a flute to free a blue tux with wings
from a cage has a bit too much going on and is not easily interpretable. I am open to any suggestions
or complaints people may have with it.

Also, I am not an inkscape expert, and I couldn't figure out how to move the center of the gradient on
the ball to give it more of a natural reflective look, but this is just my first design.

http://sdubois92.ath.cx/librepenguin.svg

--
Steven DuBois
http://sdubois92.ath.cx