[FSFLA] Our Internet, Our Future: Together We Can Protect the Internet for Today and Tomorrow

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr en riseup.net
Jue Dic 8 23:07:46 UTC 2022

Dear Andrew, dear friends,

how can we secure an internet if we don't have an internet? Every time I
discuss around ISOC, I ask this question.

The name "Internet" comes from:
The Inter-connection of local Net-works".

This means that the constituent elements of an Internet are the local
networks. And if these elements do not exist, then no Internet can
exist. It is as simple as that.

The task of an Interent: the transport of digital data in packet form.
Nothing else.

So it is a transport system. Everything we do with it is the application
system and has nothing to do with transport directly. We use the
transport system like roads and paths over arbitrary distances on our
planet.

The only requirement to be able to act act regionally and globally is
the definition of a language for the transport information, which we
call Internet protocol.

The purpose is to allow 2 arbitrary end nodes, clients or servers, to
communicate with each other if both want to do it. This eliminates any
kind of third party intervention. Here private or state constructs.

If the free communication over telecommunication is hindered or blocked,
then these are always private or state constructs. But they have no
place in this sphere of communication.

Dear Andrew, your concerns are also very understandable for me. But, you
are following a wrong focus.

with kind regards, willi
Asuncion, Paraguay