[FSFLA] We need FSFLA again!

Kaio Duarte Costa kaiod en riseup.net
Mie Ene 26 11:04:02 UTC 2022

Em 2022-01-25 15:25, willi uebelherr escreveu:
> Dear Daniel, dear friends,
>
> in all FSF-regions, we have many specific problems and many common
> problems. I don't think that the solution for that is more visiting
> together. It can be helpful in some situations.
>
> FSFla is for me the most open and free environment for a real
> discussion about telecommunication and dataprocessing. The most strong
> reduced environment ist FSFeu, directly followed from FSFde.
>
> Maybe, we have here the same colonialisation like before 500 years.
> Latin Amerika, together with Africa and Oceanien need their own basics
> for orientation.
>
> Some friends in FSFla, like Quiliro, know, that for me the hardware
> stay in the forefront, not the software. The software action space is
> defined from the hardware. The only way to be able to act
> independently is to define the hardware itself. I know that this is an
> enormous challenge. And even Richard Stallman has rejected this as
> impossible, although he has no idea about hardware.
>
> We don't have to do everything at once. And we are not few who want to
> go this way.
>
> A good example is the design principles of telecommunications. Many
> call it InterNet. But, an Internet cannot exist if there are no local
> networks. We can call it InterStar system, that works.
>
> The actors for the transport of digital data in packet form wanted an
> Internet, the actors of private and governmental entities wanted a
> system that is completely in private hands. This is not possible in an
> InterNet, because the local networks are the constituent elements.
>
> And we find these fundamental conflicts of interest in many areas.
> Consider the universities in Latin America. The interest of the
> students is to be able to study. The interest of the state actors is
> to train slaves for the international corporations. There can never be
> a compromise here.
>
> And we will also see in Chile how massively the oligarchs erect their
> blockades in many places. They still have the material power to do so.
>
> many greetings, willi
> Asuncion, Paraguay
>

> Am 24.01.2022 um 20:23 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
>>
>> I was going to reply directly to Kaio
>>
>> Nonetheless, I saw your reply.  Your reply and my reply have a lot in
>> common.
>>
>> I've made many trips to Latin America and when it is practical to do so,
>> I genuinely hope to make more visits.  That is the best kind of activity.
>>
>> So many of the problems in the free software world occur because people
>> do not meet each other and do not talk to each other.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Daniel

Hi guys,

There are indeed problems in each region. For each one has its own
reality and experience, but we must analyze these problems to look
together for possible solutions. Regardless of the solution, or the
problem, any progress is important to build the free software movement.

On another point, I consider the debate about telecommunications and
data processing very important. However, it is up to the people on this
list to debate and deal with the subject, so that together we can build
collective knowledge and organize campaigns and other means of action.

On the issue of the hardware vanguard, FSFLA is more focused on software
(http://www.fsfla.org/ikiwiki/about/about.pt.html). This is indeed a
huge challenge, but it is not impossible or impossible to work on. The
free hardware movement is a necessary debate that must be had, if
everyone wants it. This debate is currently being held on the
libreplanet-discuss list.

Regarding activities and what to do, it is not necessary to embrace the
world of problems. But we should strive to fulfill the activities we
commit ourselves to.

And about the areas of interest, education has suffered a lot in latin
america with the lack of user freedom. But we can list the problems and
bring possible solutions about, and count on the support of the student
movement for the same.

About oligarchies, many governments are focused on the control of
communications, and this is something that we can address in a free way,
even.

In fact, there is a good amount of ideas and work. And we should know
what activities we are going to work on and develop, I know that many of
you have great ideas, and we should be able to transform these into
campaigns, pages, and other means of action.

I look forward to hearing from everyone!
--
Kaio Duarte Costa

Trainee at the National Institute of Social Security of Brazil (INSS),
Director of Student Councils of the União Colegial de Minas Gerais
(UCMG), Member of the Social Council of the Fund for Maintenance and
Development of Basic Education (consFUNDEB-MG), Substitute Member of the
Permanent State Forum on Education of Minas Gerais (FEPEMG), Member of
the Committee of the National Association of Data Protection
Professionals (ANPPD), Affiliated to the Brazilian Computer Society
(SBC), Brazilian Society for the Advancement of Science (SBPC) and Free
Software Foundation (FSF).