[FSFLA] We need FSFLA again!

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr en riseup.net
Mar Ene 25 18:25:29 UTC 2022

Dear Daniel, dear friends,

in all FSF-regions, we have many specific problems and many common
problems. I don't think that the solution for that is more visiting
together. It can be helpful in some situations.

FSFla is for me the most open and free environment for a real discussion
about telecommunication and dataprocessing. The most strong reduced
environment ist FSFeu, directly followed from FSFde.

Maybe, we have here the same colonialisation like before 500 years.
Latin Amerika, together with Africa and Oceanien need their own basics
for orientation.

Some friends in FSFla, like Quiliro, know, that for me the hardware stay
in the forefront, not the software. The software action space is defined
from the hardware. The only way to be able to act independently is to
define the hardware itself. I know that this is an enormous challenge.
And even Richard Stallman has rejected this as impossible, although he
has no idea about hardware.

We don't have to do everything at once. And we are not few who want to
go this way.

A good example is the design principles of telecommunications. Many call
it InterNet. But, an Internet cannot exist if there are no local
networks. We can call it InterStar system, that works.

The actors for the transport of digital data in packet form wanted an
Internet, the actors of private and governmental entities wanted a
system that is completely in private hands. This is not possible in an
InterNet, because the local networks are the constituent elements.

And we find these fundamental conflicts of interest in many areas.
Consider the universities in Latin America. The interest of the students
is to be able to study. The interest of the state actors is to train
slaves for the international corporations. There can never be a
compromise here.

And we will also see in Chile how massively the oligarchs erect their
blockades in many places. They still have the material power to do so.

many greetings, willi
Asuncion, Paraguay