[FSFLA] Hiperbola: A fully free, stable, secure, simple, lightweight and long-term distribution

hellekin hellekin en gnu.org
Vie Jun 2 11:35:21 UTC 2017

On 05/25/2017 05:24 PM, Tomás Solar Castro wrote:

> Hey! this sounds good! But the first thing I thought is what happened
> with Parabola? How is Hyperbola different from Parabola? I mean, what
> is the motivation to create yet another distro instead of colaborate
> with an existing (and already FSF approved) one?

I second these questions, but I'd like André's reply since he knows best
about these.  It's important to understand how Hyperbola and Parabola
will collaborate (or not), and what diverse objectives they pursue.

A first look at the H site seems that the distro is limited to the Intel
platform.

Cheers,

==
hk

P.S.: I understood that out of this thread someone decided to quit the
list.  I'm the least concerned with this, I'm interested in the
relationship between P and H, nothing else.