[FSFLA] Hiperbola: A fully free, stable, secure, simple, lightweight and long-term distribution

Tomás Solar Castro tsolar en fsfla.org
Vie Mayo 26 19:25:11 UTC 2017

El jue, 25-05-2017 a las 18:34 -0400, Megver83 escribió:
> Hi Tomás. Do you remember me? Last year I sent you an email asking
> you
> if you could come to Iquique to do a talk in my school (Eagle's
> College,
> but don't worry if you don't remember :P), but you couldn't.

Yeah, I remember :) I hope I could make it some day ;)

> About the thing of forking Parabola, the main reason was because
> André
> Silva was attacked by some others Parabola hackers, so he decided to
> left and many other people left with him (coadde, crazytoon and
> jorginho). But well, if you ask them they'll likely tell you their
> version of the story.
>
> The point is that after André et al left, they forked Parabola and
> that's what now we know as Hyperbola, which focus on stability and
> security (see the website). Some other actual Parabola hackers (like
> me)
> decided to help him, in fact there's already a reacting in the
> community[0], but looks like it's a good reaction[1], even I openly
> said
> that I'm inside Hyperbola's team[2]

I am glad there is actually motivation to keep working on freedom, and
I like the Hyperbola statements, and security concerns. And the name is
 awesome :D

Sadly, there's always present the human factor, but what can we do? :)
Good to know you can still work on keep your computers holy free ;)

I still don't like the idea of making yet another distro, but that's
just a technical issue ;)