[FSFLA] Hiperbola: A fully free, stable, secure, simple, lightweight and long-term distribution

Eder L. Marques eder en edermarques.net
Sab Mayo 27 14:55:02 UTC 2017

<forgive if the tone might sound rude, this is the type of conversation
that flows better in person>

On 26/05/2017 9:47 PM, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
> Also, for the test to work, the patch must deal with important software,
> such as completely replacing the kernel with one made from the scripts
> of the GNU Linux-libre project, for example.

Do you know that there are [not-so-free Distros] which the kernel does
not contains any blobs right?

> Last, but not less important: being on the side of "user experience"
> isn't bad. We are not against that. However, when this side takes
> *precedence* over the side of the essential freedoms of the software,
> then it starts to get problematic.

So essentially you rather prefer the user to be blindfolded to use only
the available free software, at sake that his hardware does not work,
the software that he needs does not exist.

Yes, this though is problematic.

Cheers,

Eder