[FSFLA] my proposal to Mozille: InterNet, the Inter-connection of local Net-works

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr en riseup.net
Mie Feb 15 04:34:49 UTC 2017

Dear Quiliro

Global coordinate systems

Maybe, we have some misunderstandings.

Latitude means the equator with his parallel circles. We use only the
equator.
Longitude means the circles through the poles. We use only the circle in
our latitude position.

But i think we mean the same.

Community Server Space

We have our personal, individual needs, our group/community needs and
our regional needs.
The connection needs a symetrical transport capacity. The reduced
transport capacity in up-direction is today the biggest block for
decentralised server installation. To go around, to come more near to
the backbones, this is was i call "Community Server Space". This seems
to be the same, what you call "federated-servers". A server space, that
is organised of a group of people itself with a good connection quality.

I have looked something at FredomBone. Based on Debian it is easy to
create your server environment. The kernel is always the same. You need
your hardware related compilation with the specific drivers. And install
that application, what you need. Therefore, i don't understand for what
FreedomBone should be. Maybe only to go around domain registration for
your IP address with the FreedomBone-client function?

Domain Name System

I prefer to use the ccTLD. For you in Ecuador ".ec". Then you can act
independent from the outside. Then it is your task to find a way with
the government. It is the responsibility for the government to make it
easy for the people to install her servers.

The TOR system you can implement over that, if you like. The entry point
is any server in your neighborhood. But this have nothing to do with the
connection to your servers. It is only a distribution of data over a net
of internal routed servers. All servers need her connection to the net
with her own global static IP address or over a NAT point with the
server inside of a private net.

I know, that in Ecuador it is not easy to open tha space in the ccTLD
domain. In most countries in LA this is very difficult. But, i think, we
should open this space.

Never i had a positive resonance in LA to this point. Also in Venezuela
it was terrible. Maybe, the people don't see the simplicity from a
technical point of view. And think, the bureaucratic chicane has a real
background. But there is nothing. Only chicane.

many greetings, willi