[FSFLA] my proposal to Mozille: InterNet, the Inter-connection of local Net-works

Quiliro quiliro en riseup.net
Dom Ene 8 08:15:57 UTC 2017

On Sat, 7 Jan 2017 21:25:51 -0300
willi uebelherr <willi.uebelherr at riseup.net> wrote:

> To the addressing space
>
> The text "Internet Fragmentation" clearly addresses the limitations
> of today's addressing methods. If we use a 2 x 64bit address for
> global and local addresses, the following picture is shown.
>
> Based on the determination of a point on the Earth's surface with two
> angular dimensions, horizontal and vertical, and an approximate
> circumference of the Earth of 40,000 km, a resolution of 9 mm per
> circle results for a 64 bit global address (2 x 32 bit). The 64 bit
> local address is completely available to the area of the local
> network.
>
> This makes all discussions on the topic of IOT (Internet of Things)
> completely superfluous. And we're thrown back to the point where the
> Internet started.

What do you think of defining coordinates from certain fixed point in
the Earth (planetary reference)? Coordinates could be devised by
calculating the angle composed of the planetary reference to the center
of the Earth and the center of the Earth with the objective site for the
first parameter of the matrix. The angular direction over the surface of
the Earth could be the other parameter based on the angle of the Equator
or the axis of rotation of the Earth as one side and the line from the
planetary reference to the objective site as the other line for the
second dimension. Then we would have a two dimensional system of
coordinates which would be more precise in distance than the currently
used GPS system (WCS-84) which has a precision of 2 m. In order to make
it easy to calculate, we could use the decimal 1 as the oposite point in
the globe (180 degrees).

The 2 dimensions could be negative angles if going counterclockwise and
positive when going clockwise. They could reach a maximum of 1 in
either direction. So we could have [1,1] for a place on the other side
of the planet regarding the planetary reference. The same place could
be reached by [+-1, any number from -1 to +1] because the destination
would be the same but it would be reached by taking diferent routes.
This would be the only place to have this condition.

We could specify any distance with any precision (based on the number of
digits). We could even define positions of particles. So with 64 bits
we could have 2^64 (18x10^18) one-dimensional possibilities or 2^32
(4x10^9) two-dimensional possibilities. So we could approximate to 0.01
m, which is 200 times more precise than 2 m and with the same precision
on every part of the planet! If we use two 64 bit addresses (as you
suggest) we could even reach pico (10^-12) precision.

--
Saludos,
Quiliro