[FSFLA] management of technology patents, licenses and ...

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr en riseup.net
Vie Jul 15 17:49:14 UTC 2016

For information to a discussion in different Internet groups.

Betreff: Re: management of technology patents, licenses and ...
Datum: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 13:40:11 -0400
Von: willi uebelherr <willi.uebelherr at riseup.net>
An: Internet Governance <governance at lists.igcaucus.org>
Kopie (CC): BestBits <bestbits at lists.bestbits.net>, ISOC policy
<internetpolicy at elists.isoc.org>, IUF list <iuf at lists.riseup.net>,
1net.org discuss <discuss at 1net.org>, DC3 list
<dc3 at listas.altermundi.net>, IRTF Gaia list <gaia at irtf.org>, APC forum
<apc.forum at lists.apc.org>

Dear Amali De Silva,

many many thanks for your initiative in this environment to discuss this
theme. One of the most important question for us. I have addressed many
lists. And i know, many friends act on different lists. Maybe, sometimes
we bring the different discussions together.

This question is not only for jobless people or for that, what some
people say, "extension of human capital". A terrible term.

We act, or the most of us, for a telecommunication that can interconnect
all people on our planet. And we do it mostly, because we have the
experience, how strong was this system to help us in our own development
and activity.

But we have also another layer. We say, all this terrible destruction of
nature, culture, history, knowledge and so on, what we see in the last
decades, centuries and so on, we can stop, if the people are interconnected.

And, in a positive direction, all our understanding of the laws of the
nature, the basic for our technology, the materialisation of the law of
the nature, we can strong accelerate, if we cooperate globally in an
free and open space for all people. A fantastic perspective.

Then we never will have any problem with the development and
distribution of our Internet. For that we can say: the inter-connection
of any device or the inter-connection of all local networks with her
devices. Physically, of course, all devices. And the people use the
devices for her communication and information exchange.

We know, knowledge is a common resource. We know it from ourself, we
know it from other people. All our knowledge is based on that, what
other people before and today created and published. Never any person
alone can work.

The patent rights suggest, we as a individual person can create
something alone. This is a big nonsense, a religion. But we, with our
experience and understanding, can say, we ignore all this nonsense. We
never use it, we never recognize it. It is more a decision for us self,
like with all religions. They are depend, that the people believe.

And we have the experience, that if nobody follow, nothing exist of
that. Only a paper maybe.

I speak here consciously to a group of enlightened people. And i speak
here to activist for a free and open interconnection of all people on
our planet. I am atheist and i go only in a church to see the used
technology in our history. Therefore, i am not interested for dogmatic
propaganda.

In my concentration to the internet the technology to realize stay
always in the foreground. The first part, the theoretical discussion
about structures and methodologies, is for me clear. We have it, if we want.

The transport of the digital data in packetform over any geografical
distances is the most important part, what we have to organice. And not
with Kb, Mb, or little Gb. No, with Tb. But i know, that in this lists
the most people people don't like to work with experimental and
theoretical physic. They like more to repeat all this Governance
rethoric. Papers for papaers, texts for texts. Endless without a clear
perspective.

We know, our Internet we can only create in a global cooperation in the
technical sphere. The people in the regions have to be able to organize
the internet in his region. And only the IP header we need for our
interoperability. That we understand the elements in this language. And
how we transport the data is not important. Only the non-alteration is
important.

The result for me is the free technology. Free for participate, free for
using the result, for all people on our planet. The principles: "global
thinking, local doing" and "knowledge is always worldheritage".

many thanks and greetings, willi
Manaus, Brasil

royalty agreements focus group on impacts for labour / jobs, not just IT
skills