I'M A PC

Igor Támara igor en tamarapatino.org
Vie Oct 17 13:13:40 UTC 2008

Hi,
Daniel>
Daniel> I have a Mac but with UTUTO XS
Daniel> Macbook is only hardware like any PC.
Daniel> Problem is a MacOSX not a Mac
Daniel>

As I see it, Apple is eviler than Ms., from the beginning they
tended to close their products and have a long story on patents,
look at multitouch for example, look at Itunes.  6 years ago I was
able to run Debian w/o problem on a Mac.

I guess Ms. is fighting back the ads from Apple about Mc Vs. Ms.
Apple call it "Mac Vs Pc", and Apple even has some ads about linux,
where they show that linux has a path to make things closer to the
users.

Daniel> >
Daniel> > As for the I'm a PC, here is something I put together based on last
Daniel> > night's image set and some more work:
Daniel> >
Daniel> > http://fsfla.org/svnwiki/blogs/lxo/2008-10-16-I-am-a-PC
Daniel> >
Daniel>
Daniel>
Daniel> happy hacking!!

I agree that's it's not a model that just one company has, is the
model that many companies have, look at googlemaps, bzr to name a
few that look like giving freedom, but ideally they'll have to do a
lot more to give not just gratis things, but libre things.  I know,
that there has been big investments, and are closer to give freedom
than Apple, Oracle or Ms.

On linux and the package management MacOSx and windows are far
beyond us for at least a decade.  They live in the past with
polished interfaces.  How torturing is install things or remove, or
make upgrades to those systems.  I repeat, it's not just Ms. there
are other that are getting bigger and stronger with closed models.

Daniel, I agree with your question about Mac.

Daniel> --
Daniel> Daniel Olivera (mate.cosido, aun fuera de la ley)
Daniel> Director Proyecto UTUTO
Daniel> Vicepresidente Fundación Red Especial España
Daniel> Miembro Free Software Foundation (6839)
Daniel>
Daniel> "Soy y seré comunista hasta el último dia de mi vida"
Daniel> "La vida no vale nada si no es para perecer porque otros puedan tener,
Daniel> lo que uno disfruta ya" Pablo Milanes.
Daniel>
Daniel> Telefono Argentina: +54 11 5353-9494 Extension: 2943434
Daniel> Telefono Espa#a: +34 957 78 07 44
Daniel>
Daniel> Mensajeros: Jabber: daniel at ututo.org - ICQ: 8368437
Daniel>

Daniel> Discusion mailing list