[Anti-drm] Fwd: DRM Action: Join us at LinuxWorld SF and a campaign update

José C. Massón jose.masson en gmail.com
Vie Ago 11 20:38:52 UTC 2006

Noticias desde Defectivebydesign!

saludos
--
José C. Massón

.: Rebeldes Stereotipos
Sábados 19 a 20 hs FM La Tribu 88.7 MHz
www.fmlatribu.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gregory Heller DefectiveByDesign.org <gregory en defectivebydesign.org>
Date: Aug 11, 2006 5:31 PM
Subject: DRM Action: Join us at LinuxWorld SF and a campaign update
To: Jose  Massón <josemasson en gmail.com>

DefectiveByDesign.org
DRM ACTION ALERT ________________________________
________________________________

Dear Jose,

NEXT ACTION: Linuxworld San-Fran-Freedom!

Moscone Exhibition Center, San Francisco August 15th - 17th. Thousands
of technologists attend this event each year. Help us put anti-DRM
stickers on all of them and have fun raising the anti-DRM flag over
this conference! The Free Software Foundation will have a booth on the
exhibition floor and DefectiveByDesign will be coordinating activities
throughout the event. Meet with other members who are involved in the
campaign to eliminate DRM, and get photographed wearing the signature
Hazmat suits. Register Free for the Conference, and then RSVP now to
get details of our meet-up plans.

DIGG this story

Campaign Update:
In the two-and-a-half months since we started, more than 7500 of us
have joined the campaign from all over the world. We are pledged to
take action to stop DRM. Last week, we launched multi-lingual support
on our website allowing those in Europe and Central and South America
to participate. The translations on the site have come completely from
volunteers across Latin America and Europe. Thanks guys! If you would
like to contribute a translation, please let us know.

No longer is DRM being described from just the view point of the Big
Media companies, now it is being described as "anti-consumer". We
can't stress enough how important it is that YOU spread the anti-DRM
message in your social circles and online. Every one of our recent
actions has made it to the front page of Digg, where it gets seen by
tens of thousands of web surfers. We have received hundreds of
positive Diggs and comments on each action. As the campaign continues,
please keep the Diggs coming; with each Digg you are acting to draw
attention to your stand against DRM.

In Solidarity,

Gregory, Peter, Henri and the rest of the DRM Elimination Crew

PS many of you asked for buttons or badges that you could put on your
website or blog, well, we just created some! Help spread the word
about DefectiveByDesign.org with one of our badges.

Recent news picks:
A Five Minute Guide to Opposing DRM
http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000073
Interview with DefectiveByDesign