Contributing

Jason Self j at jxself.org
Tue Apr 11 13:54:48 UTC 2023

On Tue, 11 Apr 2023 09:41:01 +0300
Benson Muite <benson_muite at emailplus.org> wrote:

> Something based on Fedora would be good in the long run

To my knowledge people using Fedora can use RPM Freedom. If you're
aware of some reason they can't I'd definitely be willing to hear
those concerns.

Linux-libre can stand on its own, not having to follow a specific
distro's kernel exactly,

wn now, as freesh has proven
02:21 <lxo> so the notion of an analogous development for rpms,

eases rather than some specific
distro's, feels like a step in the right direction, and also quite
liberating and relieving to me

RPM Freedom at the moment?

(a) offer a free kernel for free distros to use
, and (b) offer a free kernel for users of nonfree distros to adopt

> May also be good to indicate
> supported hardware components (e.g. wifi) and allow crowd sourcing
> of this through an easily editable wiki/static site.

I believe that is the goal of https://h-node.org/
Although some hardware continues to operate without the blobs so this
can be a difficult matter to figure out without having the actual
hardware to test.