Questions about Linux-Libre's effectiveness

LUH LAH welpthisdidnotwork at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 11:11:50 UTC 2022

Hello there,

I am a general supporter of the Free Software movement. I try to do
everything in my power to reflect this ideology.

However, I have been informed about some troubling aspects of Linux-Libre.

So, I will ask the following questions in hopes of having these
worries squashed:

1.) Does Linux-Libre swap out proprietary blobs in the Linux kernel
for fully free pieces of software, with no reliance on the hardware
microcode?

2.) Does Linux-Libre have any proprietary components?

3.) Does Linux-Libre rely on proprietary and outdated hardware
microcode instead of newer proprietary software?

4.) Does Linux-Libre rely on proprietary hardware microcode, in general?

I must admit, I do not know much about this project, so please tell me
(Hopefully in a polite way) if I've conceived anything in a wrong
manner.

Thanks,

-[T] IMSOASIAN (I currently use GNU/Parabola Linux-Libre + OpenRC and
although it's hell, I will still use it if my worries are relieved.)