Changes in scripts/Makefile.package

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Fri Aug 20 05:38:21 UTC 2021

On Aug 16, 2021, Jason Self <jself at gnu.org> wrote:

> KDEB_SOURCENAME ?= linux-upstream

> That's clearly not "upstream" Linux. Can the cleanup scripts change
> this back to linux-$(KERNELRELEASE) so that it matches with the rest of
> the kernel versions? Alternatively, what about KDEB_SOURCENAME ?=
> linux-libre maybe?

In order to minimize divergence, I'm going to change linux-upstream to
linux-libre in Makefile.package, instead of reversing the upstream
change.

I've set things up so that this change should be present in 5.13.13-gnu
and 5.14-rc7-gnu releases, whenever they come out.

Thanks,

--
Alexandre Oliva, happy hacker                https://FSFLA.org/blogs/lxo/
   Free Software Activist                       GNU Toolchain Engineer