cannot boot with linux-libre>=5.7, amdgpu and cryptsetup

edgar at openmail.cc edgar at openmail.cc
Sun Jul 19 03:05:37 UTC 2020

On 2020-07-18 16:44, edgar at openmail.cc wrote:
> I'll be working on this
>> Denis.
>
> Thanks again for the teaching :) .

I tried what I could. I deleted the source directory so many times just
to make sure that there was no trash getting in the way, but I keep
getting the same (see the amdgpu-raven-*.log).

I attach the small modifications that I made. At some point, I even went
for the =radeon_kms.c=, because it showed the same message that I was
getting.

I don't know how to proceed.

One more thing:

#+begin_QUOTE
   > err = request_firmware(&adev->firmware.gpu_info_fw, fw_name,
   >                        adev->dev);
   So here it requests the gpu_info firmware, and Linux can then have
   access to it.
#+end_QUOTE

I guess that you mean in the Linux source code, not in Linux Libre,
right? (I was unable to find that line in my copy of linux-libre 5.7)

Thanks, Denis.

This free account was provided by VFEmail.net - report spam to abuse at vfemail.net

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!