cannot boot with linux-libre>=5.7, amdgpu and cryptsetup

edgar at openmail.cc edgar at openmail.cc
Sat Jul 18 16:44:13 UTC 2020

On 2020-07-17 19:28, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot for posting the log.

Thank you for guiding me :) .

I'll be working on this, but as that progresses, I have a question:

#+begin_QUOTE
So even if this firmware looks trivial to replace, all the fields seem
related to the 3D acceleration, so at first we can just try patching
the code not to report an error if the loading fails.
#+end_QUOTE

What if I run (raw) Linux? Would there be a way to retrieve those values
of =gpu_info_firmware_v1_0=? (with a debugger, may be?). Then, we could
have 3D acceleration as well (or at least advance in that regards). The
values seem to be =uint32_t=, not pointers or anything special. I am
familiar with =uint32=, and I guess that =uint32_t= would be similar.

> Denis.

Thanks again for the teaching :) .

This free account was provided by VFEmail.net - report spam to abuse at vfemail.net

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!